Grizzly Goat visited Express Yourself before two local gigs, at Glenwood Brew Garden and Steve's Guitars, and blew us all away with their music. Their melodies are memorable, they definitely have an easy and precise way with a lyric, their harmonies are super-tight, and they are all multi-instrumentalists--their musicianship is superb. They played Gentle Wild Spaces, Colorado and Little Jackie. Colorado was the highlight of the week for this reviewer. Look for them to return in August and also search out their new album Burning the Prairie.
Meta Sarmiento is a Filipino poet and rapper from Guam. He is a National Poetry Slam semifinalist with Slam Nuba from Denver, a TEDx speaker and winner of the Spoken Word for the World 2015 where he was flown to Paris to perform during the UN Climate Negotiations. He is a born teacher and an old soul, and he is capable of motivating ghetto kids and old hippies alike. Meta appeared on Express Yourself to tell us how he does it.
- France's Macron Continues To Urge Trump To Stay In Iran Nuclear Deal
- Dinner Menu For Inter-Korean Summit Is Stirring Up A Side Of Controversy
- Lynching Memorial In Alabama Will Reflect On U.S. History Of Racial Terror
- Supreme Court Appears Ready To Side With Trump Administration On Travel Ban
- CFPB Chief Mick Mulvaney Wants To Get Rid Of Database Of Complaints Against Banks
- How Veterans Are Responding To The Allegations Against Ronny Jackson
- Sacramento Police Say They Have Taken The Golden State Killer Into Custody
- EPA Chief Scott Pruitt Prepares For Questions On Ethics Allegations
- White House Insists VA Nominee Ronny Jackson Was Thoroughly Vetted
- Tiny Lab-Grown 'Brains' Raise Big Ethical Questions