- Mourners To Honor Charlottesville Victim; States Debate Confederate Statues
- Baltimore Removes Confederate Statues One Day After Voting On Issue
- Woolly Mammoths Are Long Gone, But The Hunt For Their Ivory Tusks Lives On
- Shh! These Quiet Food Videos Will Get Your Senses Tingling
- Fighting Fires For Free, Aging Volunteers Struggle To Recruit The Next Generation
- How Eclipses Changed History
- Charlottesville Businesses Worry Violent Rally Will Scare Tourists Away
- Trump And Russia: Lots Of Talk, But Critics Say There's No Clear Strategy
- Moore, Strange Advance To Alabama GOP Senate Primary Runoff
- DOJ Demands Files On Anti-Trump Activists, And A Web Hosting Company Resists
Cowboy Up! Final 2017 CWWR 8/17!
The Carbondale Wild West Rodeo is full of cowboys, bull-riding cowgirls, horses that can turn on a dime and riders who don't fall off. Cowboy hats are de riguer in the chutes and so is a certain sense of polite machismo. It's a small town rodeo so all the cowboys say "Yes, Ma'am" and "No, Ma'am" and some even tip their hats. The crowd goes wild for the hide race, the mutton busters, and when the kids chase the calves around the arena. KDNK's Amy Hadden Marsh has been covering CWWR for several years, both for radio and with photographs. Enjoy the slide show and enjoy the rodeo - every Thursday night. Slack is at 6. Grand Entry at 7:30.
John McEuen dropped by the Wholly Bozos show on KDNK with his musical buddy Matt Cartsonis. They brought some nitty and some gritty along with great big smiles, not to mention a beautiful guitar. John played a couple tunes live and told a few stories about Aspen in the early 70s, his new CD Made in Brooklyn , and about his show at the Wheeler commemorating the Will The Circle Be Unbroken sessions. John McEuen and community radio go together like banjo and that high lonesome sound. Come back soon, John!
Cowboy Corral is a local ensemble of men and women singing those great old Western songs. They stopped by Express Yourself before their wanderings around town during First Friday festivities and sang a medley of hits, a tribute to Cowboy Randy and KDNK and even did a little yodeling. We hope we can rope them into returning to KDNK's airwaves.