Beto Martinez, founding member and guitarist for the Austin-based Latin Funk band Brownout, spoke with KDNK's Luke Nestler. Brownout performed "Fear of a Brown Planet," a psychedelic reworking of Public Enemy’s "Fear of a Black Planet ," at Belly Up.
This show features two gems from South Africa, Hugh Masekela from a 1994 Glenwood Summer of Jazz concert, and Vusi Mahlasela from a 2011 appearance on Express Yourself where he played a song that sounded like a prayer, and explained all about Ubuntu, Africa's great gift to the world.
- How Soon Is Soon Enough To Learn You Have Alzheimer's?
- GOP Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick: 'The President Was Manipulated By Vladimir Putin'
- Scientists Search For Causes Of Preterm Birth And Better Ways To Test For Risk
- Finding The Right Words To Help Rohingya Refugees
- Trump Administration Releases Classified Warrants For FBI Wiretap Of Carter Page
- 4 Years After MH17 Downing, Advocates Urge Continued Attention To AIDS Crisis
- Mastermind Behind Malta Journalist Killing Remains A Mystery
- Rome's Subway Expansion Reveals Artifacts From The Ancient Past
- The Taliban Couldn't Quash This Pakistani Squash Champ
- After Supreme Court Punts On Gerrymandering, Democrats Make It A Campaign Issue