Grizzly Goat visited Express Yourself before two local gigs, at Glenwood Brew Garden and Steve's Guitars, and blew us all away with their music. Their melodies are memorable, they definitely have an easy and precise way with a lyric, their harmonies are super-tight, and they are all multi-instrumentalists--their musicianship is superb. They played Gentle Wild Spaces, Colorado and Little Jackie. Colorado was the highlight of the week for this reviewer. Look for them to return in August and also search out their new album Burning the Prairie.
Meta Sarmiento is a Filipino poet and rapper from Guam. He is a National Poetry Slam semifinalist with Slam Nuba from Denver, a TEDx speaker and winner of the Spoken Word for the World 2015 where he was flown to Paris to perform during the UN Climate Negotiations. He is a born teacher and an old soul, and he is capable of motivating ghetto kids and old hippies alike. Meta appeared on Express Yourself to tell us how he does it.
- Announcing The 2018 Tiny Desk Contest Winner
- Top Stories: Iran's Foreign Minister On Nuke Deal; Facebook's New Standards
- Prince's Family Files Wrongful Death Suit Against Hospital, Pharmacy Chain
- First State Dinner: A Chance For Melania Trump To Put Her Stamp On The White House
- Facebook Updates Community Standards, Expands Appeals Process
- 4 New Exemptions To The Tax Penalty For Lacking Health Insurance
- Why Dozens Of National-Security Experts Have Come Out Against Trump's Travel Ban
- Sounding The Alarm About A New Russian Cyber Threat
- After Diesel Scandal, VW Turns To New Leadership And Electric Cars
- Iran's Foreign Minister: Renegotiating Nuclear Deal Would Damage U.S. Credibility