Grizzly Goat visited Express Yourself before two local gigs, at Glenwood Brew Garden and Steve's Guitars, and blew us all away with their music. Their melodies are memorable, they definitely have an easy and precise way with a lyric, their harmonies are super-tight, and they are all multi-instrumentalists--their musicianship is superb. They played Gentle Wild Spaces, Colorado and Little Jackie. Colorado was the highlight of the week for this reviewer. Look for them to return in August and also search out their new album Burning the Prairie.
Meta Sarmiento is a Filipino poet and rapper from Guam. He is a National Poetry Slam semifinalist with Slam Nuba from Denver, a TEDx speaker and winner of the Spoken Word for the World 2015 where he was flown to Paris to perform during the UN Climate Negotiations. He is a born teacher and an old soul, and he is capable of motivating ghetto kids and old hippies alike. Meta appeared on Express Yourself to tell us how he does it.
- Justice Department Refers McCabe To Prosecutors, But Unclear If They'll Charge Him
- Former 911 Operator Who Cut Short Thousands Of Calls Is Sentenced To 10 Days
- To Curb Ocean Pollution, U.K. May Ban Plastic Straws, Stirrers And Cotton Swabs
- 'Fearless Girl' Statue Will Face Down Stock Exchange, Not 'Charging Bull'
- The Blessed Burden Of Consolata Agunga
- Who Is The Mystery Man Behind @realDonaldTrump? (Besides The President)
- Most Still Favor Stricter Gun Laws, But It's Fading As A 2018 Voting Issue
- Trump Attorney Cohen Drops Dossier Lawsuits Against Fusion GPS, BuzzFeed
- Cuba, Long Led By Castros, Hails A New President Outside The Family
- Alabama Serial Bomber Walter Leroy Moody, 83, To Be Executed Thursday