Here’s your community calendar for Thursday, April 20, underwritten by the Mount Sopris Rotary Club, meeting every Thursday at noon at Mi Casita in Carbondale. Rotary: Service above self. Click the headline for listings!
- The Basalt Library hosts a Mario Kart Tournament at 3:30 and a Citizenship Prep Test at 4:30.
- Alpine Legal Services presents Thursday Night Bar at the Garfield County Courthouse at 5, providing 10-minute consultations for low-income clients.
- KDNK hosts a DJ training at 5:30. Email Luke at kdnk.org or call us at 963 0139 to reserve your spot.
- The Carbondale Tree Board meets at 6.
- Glenwood Springs City Council meets at 6 and will swear-in new members Shelley Kaup and Jonathan Godes.
- The Aspen Music Festival’s Lead Guitar Showcase, celebrates musicians grades four through twelve at Harris Concert Hall in Aspen at 6:30.
- The 10th Annual Carbondale 5Point Film Festival launches at 7 at the Carbondale Rec Center. A full weekend program schedule and tickets are available at 5 point film dot orgl.
- The Sopris Theatre presents One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest at the New Space Theatre at the CMC Spring Valley Campus at 7.
- The Glenwood Springs Brewery hosts 4/20 Trivia Night at 7.
- Get Out shows at the Crystal Theatre at 7:30.
- Tomorrow, a rally gathers in front of the Hotel Colorado from 5 to 7 to demand that Senator Gardner host a public Town Hall.
- This Saturday is Earth Day! The annual Fryingpan River Cleanup meets at 8:30 AM at Lions Park in Basalt. And, the City of Glenwood Springs hosts a household hazardous waste drop off event Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Community Center. All drop offs are accepted by appointment only. Call 945-5375 for more information.
- The Alice March for Science meets at 10 AM in the parking-lot of the Goat Restaurant in Carbondale Saturday.Protect Our Winters meets at noon at Paepcke Park in Aspen and another March for Science meets at Paepcke Park at 1. The City of Glenwood Springs hosts a celebration in Centennial Park from noon to 5 and CMC Leadville offers activities from 1 to 4.
You can submit your calendar items on our website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Get out there and have some fun!