Beto Martinez, founding member and guitarist for the Austin-based Latin Funk band Brownout, spoke with KDNK's Luke Nestler. Brownout performed "Fear of a Brown Planet," a psychedelic reworking of Public Enemy’s "Fear of a Black Planet ," at Belly Up.
This show features two gems from South Africa, Hugh Masekela from a 1994 Glenwood Summer of Jazz concert, and Vusi Mahlasela from a 2011 appearance on Express Yourself where he played a song that sounded like a prayer, and explained all about Ubuntu, Africa's great gift to the world.
- France Wins World Cup
- Novak Djokovic Beats Kevin Anderson To Win Fourth Wimbledon
- Trump Says He Sees The European Union As A 'Foe' Of U.S.
- In Britain, Businesses Brace For A Hit Amid Tensions In The 'Special Relationship'
- Haiti's Prime Minister Resigns After Riots Over Fuel Price Hike
- Russian 'Reset 2.0': What Putin Wants From Trump At Helsinki Summit
- To Improve Treatments, Researchers Want To Hunt For Clues In Medical Records
- Pictures Of The Motherland He Never Knew
- Reunifying Parents And Children — How It Works On The Ground
- Massive Iceberg Looms Over A Village In Greenland