Beto Martinez, founding member and guitarist for the Austin-based Latin Funk band Brownout, spoke with KDNK's Luke Nestler. Brownout performed "Fear of a Brown Planet," a psychedelic reworking of Public Enemy’s "Fear of a Black Planet ," at Belly Up.
This show features two gems from South Africa, Hugh Masekela from a 1994 Glenwood Summer of Jazz concert, and Vusi Mahlasela from a 2011 appearance on Express Yourself where he played a song that sounded like a prayer, and explained all about Ubuntu, Africa's great gift to the world.
- Maryland Investigates Russian National's Links To State Elections Software
- In Ireland, Drought And A Drone Revealed The Outline Of An Ancient Henge
- Amid Backlash, Scarlett Johansson Drops Transgender Role
- Critically Endangered Black Rhinos Die After Transportation To Kenya National Park
- What Will Serena Williams Serve Us At Wimbledon This Weekend?
- Watchful Eyes: At Peer-Run Injection Sites, Drug Users Help Each Other Stay Safe
- Game, Set, Marathon: Anderson Wins Record-Shattering Wimbledon Semifinal
- Trump's U.K. Visit Dominated By Criticisms Of British Prime Minister In Tabloid Interview
- California Starts Streamlining Prosecution For People Who Cross Border Illegally
- Maine Sen. Angus King Weighs In On Latest Indictments In Russia Investigation